So in the absence of anything more newsworthy and/or enlightening I thought I would share a few interesting....or not....facts and fallacies regarding redheads....my absolute favourite breed of person.
|Still looking good at 67 years of age...famous Australian logo and redhead|
- Approximately 1-2% of the world's population have red hair. Scotland has the highest proportion @ 13%, followed by Ireland @ 10%. In our family it stands at 75%...so you might say we are defying the odds.
|Isla Fisher...Australian actress and redhead|
- The ancient Greeks believed that redheads would turn into vampires after they died.
|Prince Harry...hunky, playboy prince and redhead|
- Lilith, the supposed first wife of Adam, is said to have had red hair. She was ultimately kicked out of the garden of Eden because she refused to be subordinate to Adam. I'm sure Hubby would have the greatest sympathy and empathy for Adam.
|Winston Churchill......regarded as one of the greatest wartime leaders of the 20th century and redhead|
- Because redheads have thicker hair than people with other hair colours, they have fewer strands of hair. For example, blondes have on average 140,000 hairs while redheads have approximately 90,000.
|Julia Gillard.....first female Australian Prime Minister and redhead|
- Red hair is a recessive trait, which means that a child must inherit one red hair gene from each parent. So for those parents blaming each other for your little red headed bundle of joy...quit it...you're both to blame!
|Ed Sheeran.....uber cool singer/songwriter and redhead|
- Redheads are more likely to be left handed......and talented and ravishingly beautiful and highly intelligent....ummm....I may have added those last few myself.
|Fergie....infamous ex-wife of Prince Andrew and redhead|
- According to Playboy magazine, "Redheads are like other women - only more so.".....well duh!
|Jessica Rabbit...sexy movie star and redhead|
- In ancient Rome, redheaded slaves were often more expensive than those with other hair colours. And today redheaded wives are also expensive....maybe that's just me.
|Cyndi Lauper.....80's singing sensation and redhead|
- A 2002 study found that redheads are harder to sedate than any other people, requiring 20% more anaesthesia. Not sure what to add other than if I'm having surgery I'll be sure to ask for extra because I do not want to wake up during that.
|Ron Howard....film director, producer , former child star and redhead|
- Bees are thought to sting redheads more than others. Maybe that's because we are so sweet and delicate like a flower....maybe not.
|Ginger Meggs...star of the popular Australian comic strip and redhead|
- In Denmark it is an honour to have a redheaded child. This is almost offensive...it should be an honour everywhere.
|Nicole Kidman....famous Oscar winning Australian actress and redhead|
|Extraordinarily fabulous family.....and redheads :)|