Saturday 29 December 2012

Big Day Out.....

I am obviously a victim of mass consumerism...and today I did one of my favourite consuming type things.....I had a day out to Ikea!


They had a sale on...and that makes me love going there even more!

I don't know why I enjoy going to the Swedish Mecca of Furniture so much....but I do!

I love the furniture...I love the homewares....I love the mock rooms....I love the Swedish meatballs....I love the convenient parking....I love that everything has a ridiculous name....and I love their marketing ploy that does not allow you to exit the building without walking through every single section!



There's always so much to look at....so much to buy....at such reasonable prices....they lull you into a false sense of savings...with their cheap prices...so you buy things you really don't need....just because they seem like such a bargain.

I love leaving with a big blue bag filled with things.....just things....like a saucepan lid organiser, a plastic meat mallet, a pot plant holder,Christmas decorations, some rubber pastry brushes and of course the latest catalogue...which they suggest you borrow....but everyone knows what they really mean is to leave with it tucked under your arm.  Someone even amended the sign...to make it clearer for everybody....


They have absolutely everything at Ikea....even Swedish Festive Drinks....which I'm pretty sure everyone needs.....


....and it can all be found under one roof, handily enclosed in a flat pack with an allen key.....


What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment