Tuesday 7 May 2013

So that was Tuesday.....

It was Tuesday today ... and that can only mean one thing.

Lunch!

Every Tuesday I meet a friend for lunch and a bit of a shop.

Here's the menu I am working my way through ... I intend to try every item on it before I move on.  Well except for the mixed vegetables ... you've got to feed the (wo)man meat!


The problem is that I keep liking things and having them again ... and then again! (The chicken laksa is to die for).  At this rate it's going to take me a very long time to make my way through the entire menu ... but I'm nothing if not committed and persistent.

Then we went off for a little browse ... where I saw something I would like ... and a couple of things I most certainly wouldn't!


This caught my eye.   I came home and left a few subtle hints and subliminal messages for Hubby ... like "look at this photo ... I think you should buy it for me" ... so far he does not seem convinced.  My technique may need a little tweak.

Then I saw these ...


Please note ... these are not made of denim.  They are made of lycra .. or something resembling it.  The pockets and stitching etc are transferred on.  They are HORRIBLE!

While I was vomiting over admiring them ... my pal, Mrs C saw these ones ... she was particularly taken with them ...


The moral of this story ... do not buy your clothes from The Reject Shop ... for you will surely get rejects.

With those images burned onto my retinas ... my eyes were stinging a little from the ugliness of it all.

But just then ... when my spirits were low ...  Mother Nature put on another magnificent display to revive my belief in the beauty of life ...


How was your Tuesday?

2 comments:

  1. I'll let you know, just as soon as I go and take off my new looks-like-denim lycra leggings. Just when I thought I was looking too cool for school, you shoot me down!!

    ReplyDelete