Tuesday 19 November 2013

All stitched up ...

Yikes … is it my imagination or are the weeks going by faster and faster … did a week get changed to three days instead of seven without anyone telling me?

Well believe it or not it's Tuesday again … only just … so I'd better type really fast …and that means it's time for  Shiny T Tuesday.

The prompt this week is "All Stitched up".

I've got lots of embroidered tops I could model … I've even got a gorgeous skirt which fits the bill just perfectly … but shock … horror … I've decided to do something a little bit different.

Instead of posting about MY fashion … I thought I'd post about a little household fashion instead.

Welcome to my back hallway.


It's the perfect place for displaying my "stitcheries".

The top one is a sampler I stitched years and years ago … my first "proper" cross stitch.
The little house was my Mum's … and when her unit was cleared out I nicked it.
The last little one I bought.



I bought the top one in the next shot … because I liked the rhyme;

Dear Old House you're always here, to fill my heart with simple cheer.
You gather loved ones to your door and offer comfort and so much more.
Joy and laughter ring through your halls
warmth and light glow from your walls.
Your windows listen for children at play
and beckon them in at the end of the day.
Dear Old House forever you'll be
the Home that has loved our family.

The bottom one is a family tree that I stitched about ten years ago.  I've blurred out our names and dates of birth etc … because I've heard all about Internet identity theft … and you can't be too careful … right?


Last … but not least … we have two more bought ones;

make
today's 
moments
tomorrow's
memories.

and

Angels sent from up above …
Please protect the ones we love.

Finally there's a cute little heart one I stitched myself.


I'm loving them sick … and they're definitely "All Stitched Up"


Phew … 11:37pm … I made it.

14 comments:

  1. oh i absolutely adore these! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are lovely, really fab, I really like the family tree, actually I really like them all and your awesome bench/pew! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bench too … it's very, very rustic. We found it under piles and piles of crap in a junkyard once … a lucky find indeed.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love those so much. That bench is gorgeous, too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we first found the bench I intended to repaint it … but then I fell in love with the "original" condition.
      xx

      Delete
  4. congrats on squeezing in a post before Tuesday expired!! huge applause from over the ditch!! I used to do cross stitch and have a few adorning the walls in my bedroom. Oh and yes the week is shorter, the three day week was introduced while we were all busy trying to fit everything into seven days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone somewhere has something to answer for ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. How sweet, and clever! I envy your talent. If there was one skill I wish I had it would be sewing/needlework. Of course, if I could do that I'd be a famous designer by now ;-)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha … of course you would … and I'd be buying all your designs … if I could afford them ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Clever idea! What a fashionable house you have :p I love that cute little bird embroidery it's sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura … it wasn't hard … as long as your can count … you can cross stitch.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely stichery, and the collective display looks wonderful over that great bench. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curtise … why have one when you can have several ;0)
      xx

      Delete