Friday 29 August 2014

Inside my sketchbook … issue 10 ...

Well the day finally arrived for Hubby to nick off to New York … WITHOUT ME!


He spent most of the last week trying to make it up to me ... cause he was going to New York WITHOUT ME … by taking a few extra days off work and wining and dining me on a regular basis.

As a result of all this wining and dining … and let's be honest a little bonus whining by me thrown in for good measure … I simply haven't found the time to write a post until now.

But now that I'm here it has come to my attention that I have been supremely slack and have not given you a peek inside my sketchbook for months … not since the 4th of June to be precise.  Which of course is just inexcusable … so please allow me to rectify the situation immediately!

Here's a quick sketch I did of Master 17 … back when he was Master 16 … from a photo of him taken when he was Master 15 … that all makes perfect sense doesn't it?


And then there was this one … of Robin Williams.  I never drew him intending to write an obituary style post … as tragic as his loss is … it's just that when his face was all over the news and papers and everywhere … I couldn't help but notice what an interesting face it was.  So I attempted to draw it.  I don't think I did terribly well … cause Hubby's mate took a look at it and asked if it was anyone he knew … oops!  Back to the drawing board … literally.


Then Hubby suggested I draw his parents … and I did.


Of course as you don't know what his parent's look like you can't tell whether I got it right or not! I'm very tempted to leave you believing I did … but that's no fun … so here's a (little) pic of them.


And then last … but by no means least … is a quick sketch of Master 14 … just because.


Ciao.
xx

16 comments:

  1. Jo, Jo, Jo, you are so talented!! I love all of those pictures, you seriously are one clever chic!! With hubby away this means eggs on toast, takeaways and chilling out doesn't it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! That and sleeping diagonally across the bed :0)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Blown away by your sketches. The boys are very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you're not only an amazing photographer and birthday pressie-buyer, but you do beautiful sketches! Hubby better bring you back something amazing sweetie. Your boys are very lucky that they have such a loving mum that knows their faces like the back of her hand. Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like practising on them … maybe it's their total honesty when I get it all wrong ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love your sketches! The one of Robin Williams is nice though it doesn't look exactly like him, it favors him in a way I can't put my finger on yet. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem with trying to capture someone's likeness … it only takes the smallest thing wrong to throw out the whole drawing … and sometimes it's really difficult to actually work out what the thing is!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Robin Williams shares a bit of a resemblance with Master 17, a sardonic smile that hides a wicked sense of humour.
    I love your sketches, you really are amazing.
    Enjoy your few days of singledom! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very talented! Your portraits are alive and full of character, and I would hesitate to call them "sketches". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia … that's a lovely compliment :0)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Wow! I wish I could produce something just a teeny bit as good as those! Well done. I am bloody good at stick men, I am! I'm good at drinking wine too!! xx

    ReplyDelete