Thursday 17 July 2014

Just too sexy ...

To let you appreciate the significance … if there is any … of this tale I need to firstly take you back in time.

Back to the days when I was young and single … with a slim waist and perky bosom … and my sleeping arrangements were all my own.

Back in those days … when the temperatures dropped … and the nights were cool … I slept undisturbed and cosy thanks to the company of my ever reliable, non snoring electric blanket.

Then Hubby came on the scene … and pooh poohed the existence of the electric blanket.  They're too hot … and too expensive to run … and too dangerous … and too who knows what else … but he was very adamant about it and I've been sleeping on cold sheets ever since.

Now perhaps you can blame my middle aged bones … or my thick waist and not so perky bosom … but this winter I've really been feeling the coolness of those night time temps … and not only have I felt them, they've taken to disturbing my otherwise undisturbed slumber.

But I'm a resilient gal … and I pride myself on adapting to my conditions … so I came up with a plan.

Out came the long flannelette pyjamas … and because I didn't want any cool air sneaking in under the hem of the top … I alluringly tucked it into my pants.  Then, because everyone knows that cold feet mean cold everything I took to wearing an attractive pair of bed socks … but I didn't want a pesky breeze creeping up my trouser leg ... so I tucked the legs of my pants into the socks … in a super sexy and desirable fashion.



Hubby gave me a long and thoughtful look … and then uttered the most romantic words I've ever heard … "I think we might look for an electric blanket in the sales".

HA  … I might not be hot … but I'll soon be comfortably warm with an adjustable thermostat.

26 comments:

  1. Woohoo! result!! :D Me and you could have been twins last night cos that's exacery how I went to bed! No leccie blankie here, we have flannelette sheets and my woollen quilted blanket on top of the bed makes us warm and toastie! I also have and inbuilt heating system that has the odd power surge, I regulate the temperature by sleeping with one leg out of the covers! Give yourself a few more years and you won't need that electric blanket trust me! Phew! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL … well at least that's something to look forward to ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Harriet High Pants!! What a sight!! Oh well, it worked . . . . :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet it hasn't … I'll only fully believe it when I turn it on ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. You will probably get more than an electric blanket from your hubby that will be either red or black or both, lacey, racey, very very sexy and not very warm!!! MEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...sounds like you've got his number. I think you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After all this time I like to think I've got him pretty well worked out ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Too funny...great picture painted....one that I am sure is all to common in many households at night. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll bet there are flannelette pjs everywhere … whether people admit to them or not ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Too cute! Love that illustration and great news that you've finally got husband to crack and get you a blanket. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's just the first step … but it is in the right direction ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Love it, good thinking Jo! Hope he keeps his word, gorgeous illustration too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, that worked a treat then, Jo! Wonderful drawing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic plot you clever and sexy thing! And adorable drawing too!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny! I look like that all Winter and I even have an electric blanket! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait to look like this AND have an electric blanket … he'l just shake his head then ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  11. Great illustration and I think your cosy nightwear is lovely! the joy of getting into the pre-warmed bed, you never forget it! (I used to have one years ago, necessary for my old frosty home, but that electric blanket was the best thing.......ever) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth … there really is nothing better :0)
      xx

      Delete
  12. I love the hairy socks! So alluring! gorgeous picture in art and words. XO JJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Devious or what? Great plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it comes to a satisfactory conclusion ;0)
      xx

      Delete