Sunday 12 January 2014

A picture's worth a 1000 words … week 2 ...

A photo a day … every day … in 2014.








Day Five:  I love books …  all kinds of books … even ones that tell me how to … shudder …  clean things.

Day Six:  Master 16 had friends over to "just chill"!  I was so looking forward to discovering exactly  what "just chill'n" involves.  But unfortunately I took one of these for a stubborn, lingering headache and next thing I knew it was three hours later and they had all gone home.  Alas, I remain none the wiser.

Day Seven:  I love bananas and musk sticks … I am truly, madly, deeply in love with them.

Day Eight:  Way back when Master 13 was a wee whippersnapper and called Master 11 he was given a school assignment to reproduce the painting of a famous artist.  I encouraged him to do a Margaret Olley … because she's MY favourite Australian artist … and I think he did a spectacularly fabulous job.  Here's the original … what do you think?

credit 
Day Nine:  And whilst I'm on the subject of paintings … I did this quick one … very quickly.  The finished result ... side by side with the subject matter.

Day Ten:  I am suffering from severe Christmas light withdrawals … luckily I still have my little lanterns … no cold turkey for me.

Day Eleven:  This pretty girl dropped in for an unexpected visit … you can read all about it here.


Joining in with EMILY … and her fabulous picture party at The Beetle Shack.

22 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle when I saw the banana's and musk sticks, they are my brother's favourites also : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the paintings are amazing and I love lollies and musk sticks and bananas are some of my favourites too. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever the kids would bring home a lolly bag from a party I would raid it and nab the musk sticks before they even realised they were there ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's a sad day when the Christmas lights get packed away. Am like you, I need to have candles and lanterns around too. Those paintings are just incredible, you are both so talented! Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of pics....glad the doggie story had a happy ending xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bron … she's home safe and sound now :0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. so lovely, love the lanterns and paintings are both fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he did really well … the tragedy of it is that he doesn't like art … mad, mad child ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Yum, musk sticks! I miss those. The paintings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona … you must get yourself some … pronto ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  7. you are a talented bunch of Angels, I scrolled back and forth gob-smacked over Master then 11's painting, flipping brilliant! as yours is! btw what is calmative? this sounds wonderful, and I love those banana sweets too! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure what it is … but I do know one thing … take a couple of pills containing it … and you will fall into a short term coma … stat ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Well Jo you are quite the artist!! Clever clogs and so is your lad. I keep fairy lights up all year round on my deck and have solar ones in the garden, I love fairy lights and have some solar lanterns similar to yours that I must dig out and put in the garden. Love this photo a day thingy very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some solar lights outside … until Hubby cut through the wire with the hedging shears … sigh!!! ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  9. PS: I do like the sound of pills with CALMATIVE in them, a necessary tool for a mother something that keeps her calm!! Or should the children be given them???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they'd keep you calm … just comatose ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  10. Both artworks are fantastic!!!! Im always in awe of people who can draw properly unlike wot I can! Margaret Olley - love her too - you are surely a woman of great taste :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Amanda … I'm blushing :0)
      xx

      Delete