Tuesday 30 April 2013

Road trip....

On Monday morning I was up early ... really early ... and I headed off to Dorrigo ... for Auntie Nell's funeral.

Dorrigo ... the town where I was born ... is approximately 460 kms up the road.

I made the trip all on my lonesome .. for some reason the kids couldn't be persuaded to come with me ... something to do with it being a five and a half hour drive just to go to church ... and neither could Hubby.

I met my sister and her partner at the pub ... which is where we were staying ... and off we went to the funeral.



They had the flag at half mast for Auntie Nell.


There is one thing that can be said for Dorrigo ... it does Autumn well.


This morning I was up ... not quite as early ... for the drive all the way back home again.

Fast forward 5 hours and 20 minutes and I was there.

On my arrival I was greeted by;

  • Master 13 requesting a cooked lunch.
  • The cold shoulder from Buster ... who apparently lapsed into a depression when I didn't return last night ... and who is now punishing me for my crime.
  • Master 15 ... who didn't even say "Hi" but immediately started using me as a footstool ...just his way of saying I missed you ... I'm sure.
  • And after 8 years of nagging a step at my laundry door ... I should go away more often.


8 comments:

  1. Love the "footrest" moment - he definitely missed you LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... he's a teenage boy ... I have to take what I can get ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  2. ahh romance isn't dead is it!...nice step!! x. how lovely that they flew the flag at half mast for your aunty. small town values...love it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine how romantic it would have been if it had only taken 4 years ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I love Dorrigo- it's such a beautiful (but cold!) town. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your Auntie Nell, but what a lovely tribute to fly the flag at half mast in her honour. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a journey! Sometimes roadtrips are good for the soul. I think you weren't gone long enough! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ... definitely not long enough ... next time :0)
      xx

      Delete