Saturday 12 January 2013

Ready....set....paint.....

Was that only last post that I declared "NO NEW PROJECTS"!

I don't even listen to myself...so is it any wonder nobody else listens to me.

Yesterday I worked on a new project.

It was another hot day....a day for staying indoors with the AC on....so Master 12 and I came up with a way to pass the time.

We decided to have a paint off.....we would each paint the same picture....and see who finished first.

If they worked out ok we could hang them somewhere as a matching pair...same subject, different artist.  Kind of like Picasso and Van Gogh if they had collaborated...on a hot afternoon.  Well like them but without all the talent.

We had to pick a subject...and as Buster was sitting there looking expectantly at us....we chose him.

We each got a small canvas and a copy of a photo of Buster....he is not known for staying in one place for too long.....so we thought this would be the smarter option.



We started by sketching our Buster outlines.....


....then comes the exciting part......the paint......


We chose our colours...let me just point out that Australian Silky Terrier hues are not easy to mix!


Once satisfied....kinda.....we got to slapping that paint on.......


Master 12 claimed his hands got tired...so he had to take several PlayStation breaks....


Finally we were done....it was a very close finish....I think Master 12 probably just pipped me at the post...and here are the finished products........


I'm not telling which one is which.....you'll just have to keep wondering.

And what did Buster think.....he was unimpressed.....he thought they both made him look fat!


No comments:

Post a Comment