Monday 28 January 2013

Botox for the buffet.....

Hubby decided he wanted a BIG TV.....which meant a major overhaul of our  "TV furniture".

So I came up with bright idea of performing a little makeover on this old piece....


It was even one of my New Year's Non Resolutions......I promised I would get it done this month....being January.....being almost over.

I did make a start....I took off the old handles....


.....and ordered some new ones.

I sanded it back.......


and started to paint......


....even more amazingly I finished painting.



Then I asked Hubby to drill 4 holes......for the new handles.

Cue the elevator music.....waiting.....waiting.....waiting.....fast forward two weeks......Hubby drilled the holes and we added the handles.

TA-DA......


Not too shabby hey?......well it is......but that's the way I like it!

And that extra storage I eyed off in the sales.....


well TA-DA......I bought it.....then I changed it's handles too.....to these little sweeties......


So we have BEFORE.....


And we have AFTER......


Now all we need is that big TV......."HUBBY!!"

UPDATE
Just to prove how fast things happen when Hubby wants them to happen....by this afternoon there is an AFTER the AFTER......


.....spot the difference anyone?

Linking up with scandi coast home.




8 comments:

  1. Now you've just got to work out what happens to the old entertainment unit!! Maybe it will sit in the garage for a while till you work out a revamp and a re-use for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so heavy it will probably end up staying exactly where it is...the middle of the family room....until some big strong men randomly drop by :P

      Delete
  2. looks great!...my hot tip...we had our huge tv wall mounted on a swivel bracket...they are exxy but soo worth it. makes a huge difference to the room, hides all the wiring too if u get a sparky to do it........love those flower handles (ya hippy!)
    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lovely nephew who is a sparky....he's going to wall mount it for us :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. a lovely transformation! love the colour.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I'm loving the colour too! I saw a similar colour on a wall in Ikea and knew I had to use it somewhere on something :)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous result what a difference... love the addition of the handles. x Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina.....certainly looks like a different piece of furniture....and it always amazes me what a difference a change of handles can make :)

      Delete