Monday 31 March 2014

The annual festival of second born birthdom ...

It was Master 13's birthday this last weekend.

I say weekend, because in order to drain every last little bit of birthday out of it he decreed that the celebrating should begin on Friday … and continue for as long as was physically and mentally possible.

Now I shall warn you in advance … because I'm thoughtful like that … that this post contains more photos of my children than you or anyone else on the planet would care to peruse.

Anyhoo ... it's safe to say that Master 13 was pretty excited about the impending festival of birthday celebrations … it was all that could be talked about in the week prior.

So in all my "Mother of the Year" glory I set about making it a birthday to remember.

On Friday night we went out for a small celebration.


Where we ate a lot of food … and enjoyed riveting celebratory conversations … OI … GET OFF YOUR PHONES BOYS!!

I recorded the event with Master 13's pre birthday portrait.


Enjoying his final moments of 13 … before venturing forth into the great unknown of 14.

His actual birthday dawned bright and sunny … and we all enjoyed (?!?) a McDonald's breakfast … as per his request …  after all I aim to please.

He was swamped with an obscene number of gifts … of all shapes and sizes … way more than any one person requires … but hey I wanted him to have a wonderful birthday.




Of course I took care of the logistical details of turning from 13 to 14.


He got to try out his new things.


He received phone calls from family members.


He got photo bombed by Buster.


I baked him a cake … chocolate … covered in chocolate … just like he requested.


I made sure there were 14 candles … and that he managed to blow them all out … so that all his wishes could and would come true.


I let him cut his own slice of cake … as big as he liked … even though the careless, uneven way he did  it made my eyelid twitch … but I never once complained.


I took a birthday portrait of him in his new t-shirt … because it was "his" day … and that means he's a really big deal.


Then we drove him all the way to Sydney … and took him to a Sydney Swans AFL match … because he LOVES Aussie Rules Football.


It was a pretty close game and edge of your seat exciting.


And then the day was over … the celebrations had all been celebrated.

"So,  Master Fourteen … How was your birthday? … Did you have the best day ever??"

"No … it was the worst birthday of all time.  The Swans lost … and I didn't win at PlayStation!"

I … GIVE … UP!!

On Sunday it was decreed … by ME … that the birthday was well and truly over!!!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your adorable son! three of my friends share their birthdays on 29th March! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was clearly a good day for giving birth :0)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Master 14! 14! how did that happen? have I passed out again? I love the age/name change certificate and the best 't' shirt EVER! Ron Burgundy is ace, and chocolate cake, yours looks delicious - and love photo-bombing Buster x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Master 14 - thank goodness you got that certificate sorted or he would have to stay Master 13 for ever! Looks like he had a brilliant time, whatever he says... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep … it would have looked so silly on his wedding certificate ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  4. He is very much of a Big Deal! And so are YOU! Super Mom. Oh that Buster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Connie … have you written that sitcom for us yet? ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Master 14! It looks like a fantastic birthday party and I would like that cake for my birthday too please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure how it would hold up in the post ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  6. I have just sent your application for "mother of the year 2014" to the powers to be, so do expect a phone call sometime later on in the year. You stand a very good chance of cleaning up the competition. Hey in 7 years he will be doing his Yardy!! Happy Birthday Master 14!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek … and that 7 years will go fast … the last 7 certainly did!!!!
      xx

      Delete
  7. You been hacking into the ASIC website and knocking off their forms? :-)

    There's no winning with teenagers . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've certainly been googling and "borrowing" someone's forms … surely they won't miss one little certificate ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  8. what a super dedicated and giving mumma you are ...Happy Birthday to you Mister 14. x

    ReplyDelete