Wednesday 26 March 2014

Positively potty for pom poms ...

So I've decided it's time to come clean.

I've been living most of my life with a secret … and rather odd ... fetish.

I'm thoroughly enamoured with pom poms.

I'm rather fond of polka dots too … but pom poms were my first love.

Perhaps it stems from my early years when my hair was regularly enhanced with bobbles … which are … in effect ... hard plastic pom poms.


Perhaps it's because even the most ridiculous hat looks better with pom poms.


Whatever the reason … whatever the cause … I decided it was time to feed the fetish … and knock up a few of my own.

Now since I am clearly becoming a Crafty Blogger as we speak … I decided to write a quick post and reveal my little creation.

I started with these.


In my favourite colours of course.

And I wrapped some of it around this handy little gadget …


Like so …


And then I cut around the edge … like so …


And this is why I'm not allowed to handle anything hot or sharp.


Then you rinse and repeat.

No, no, no … you just repeat … over and over until your pom pom fetish has been temporarily satiated.


Then of course you can do whatever you like with your pom poms … who am I to judge … but I strung mine up and made a little garland.

Like so …


Of course it provides absolutely no practical purpose whatsoever … but it is kinda pretty ... don't you think?


18 comments:

  1. Snap! We've both got pom poms on the brain today! Love your kitchen dresser! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I remember making pom poms like these when I was a kid (we just used card for the circles though). The garland looks lovely, and my goodness, your kitchen dresser is so clean and tidy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember using cardboard back in the day … these little gadgets make it much, much easier :0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Pom-poms! even the word is happy, your pom-pom garland is amazing, ow finger though, I do it too, I cut Mr F's hair and still managed to snip skin - your kitchen dresser is gorgeous, I can't stop looking at it, it's perfection! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... thanks Sandra … that dresser is a good 12 months worth of nagging right there ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole … make one … they're so so easy :0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I love your pom pom garland! I wore those plastic bobble things in my hair as a little girl too. And when I was around nine my mum taught me to make pom poms using a circle cut out of cardboard. I made a lot of pom poms which simply floated loose around my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of anything better to have floating around your room ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Oh Jo, I am in love with your pom poms!!! I might just have to go get me a pom pom maker and go crazy and make heaps to hang all around the house!!! I could make them in bright bold out there colours for my girls only room. Yes a trip to Spotlight is what I NEED to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking all over for one of those Pom Pom maker rings!! I couldn't figure out how to make poms on my own and mine are very anemic and floppy. Oh woe. I may have to hop on a plane and fly on down to Australia to buy a Pom Pom ring. I absolutely love your Pom garland and your cute cabinet. Your skills just keep on coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you're more than welcome to make a trip down under … but I can send you a pom pom maker if you'd like :0)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Did you ever make pom poms withe the circle template cut from cereal boxes....yours look great ..well worth the blood sweat and tears xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly did … but I can assure you they are much easier to make with this fancy little gadget :0)
      xx

      Delete
  9. Good grief there are pom-pom makers? So I've been stuffing about unsuccessfully with floppy cardboard disks all these years? Well there you go, time to search for one. I love your garland and your blog! I'm over here from the amazing Vix and you're going straight to my blogroll. x

    ReplyDelete