Thursday 13 February 2014

The diabolical disaster doubling as my do ...

It has been so muggy … I mean really, really muggy.

So hot … no rain …. and it feels like I'm trying to breathe underwater.

This makes me somewhat irritable.   It gives me headaches.  I perspire way more than any lady … or even me ... wants to perspire.  But … worst of all ... my hair misbehaves in the manner of a petulant toddler.  Which is to say it doesn't do a thing I want it to … and everything I don't want it to.

In my desperation I decided to give my usual ... "whatever is on sale at the supermarket" shampoo a miss … and spoil myself with some of the hardcore, pure stuff … the …. "salon" brand.

So off I went.

I was busily surveying the shampoo/conditioner gift packs that were on display out the front of the salon  … when a young chap came out to offer me his assistance.

"What can I help you with today?" he enquired.

Then he took one look at my head … recoiled in horror … attempted to quickly assume an "I've seen it all before and it doesn't faze me" expression … and led me to the deep conditioning varieties.



Mind you … he was sporting dread locks, multiple facial piercings and embracing an emo/grunge/unwashed fashion persona.  The thought could have occurred to me … "Are you the best candidate to advise on things relating to personal grooming and cleanliness?" … but that would have reeked of  "Eau de judgemental old cow" … so I'm certain no such thought ever crossed my mind.

As it turns out he was just lovely … and so helpful.  And he kindly never … not even once … referred to my hideous coiffure … such restraint is a clear sign of good character.

He sold me this … after telling me that there was no need to pay for the even more expensive ones … this one was every bit as good.


And guess what … he was right.

Cause here I am … post shampoo … loving myself sick.


HURRAH!!

21 comments:

  1. Oooooh you are totally gorgeous. I just googled this to see if it's available in the states. Or maybe you'd like to hop on a plane and deliver some to me in person! Come on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to … or you could hop on a plane and I'll take you straight to the shop myself ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous photo and fabulous locks! Love the cartoon, too!
    Odd, isn't it? The staff in Lush often have shaved heads or dreadlocks but whenever they've recommended a hair product it's been fab! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally … they know what they preach … even if they don't practise it ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Loving your drawing, and smell of eau de judgemental old cow I think not!!! How good of him not to try to sell you the very most expensive product that you need a manual to use the dam stuff. Beautiful photo of your gorgeous self by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was really great … I'm feeling a complimentary email to the salon coming on :0)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Looking gorgeous there! and your hair is beautiful, excellent cartoon too, and I do like a lovely assistant who isn't going to rip people off (I find myself saying things like 'what a lovely young man' etc at the mo, wtf) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA … so do I … when did we suddenly turn into our mothers ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Oooh, nice and shiny and not a wiff of frizz. That's me right now - frizz city. Late summer in Sydney is when I want to move to Greenland. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand you completely … humidity is not my friend.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous, Jo - both you and your hair look beautiful! All thanks to The Matrix! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Curtise … and thanks to Keanu Reeves as well ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Well he did a good job helping you out by the looks of that lovely selfie....shame he didn't have the appearance of looking like he knew what he was talking about lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems you really can't judge a book by it's cover ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous Jo - and your hair and hair colour is to die for! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sux! You have the best hair ever!! Yes, yes I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete