Friday 21 February 2014

Up close and personal … with Buster …


My name is Buster … and I am an Australian Silky Terrorist.

I was born on the 10th of the 10th of the 10th … so there are no excuses for forgetting my birthday.

I came to live with my people when I was 12 weeks old.


I've been ruling the roost ever since.

I enjoy driving in the car …


and taking long walks … though I reserve the right to be carried home if I consider the walk too long.

I enjoy sleeping in MY spot on the sofa … even if it's your spot … and you're already in it.


Sometimes I wear different outfits.


My favourite hobby is to sniff out hidden cat poos … exhume them … and smear them over my entire body.

I like mud … my favourite colour is dirt.


I like to remove every single one of my toys from the toy box … distribute them throughout the entire house … and NOT play with them.  If anyone packs them away I immediately repeat this process.

I like to eat anything … as long as it is yours … and not mine.



My people put up baby gates to contain me during my "naughty puppy stage" … three years later and they're still there!

I like to sleep in bed … your bed.


I do not like birds, cats or dogs … I do not like people walking past my house.

I dislike the groomer … and I HATE the vet.

I like to run … away if possible.


I follow Mum everywhere … even the toilet.


I like to hunt lizards … sometimes I catch them.


If I need to vomit … I prefer to do so on the cream carpet.

I like to bark at things no one else can see.

I disembowel ALL my toys.


When I feel like it … I perform tricks … it seems to give my people a thrill … they're simple folk.


I like to find dead worms … and roll on them.


If I think you want something … I steal it … if you don't care … I couldn't be bothered.


It's lucky I'm cute … very lucky indeed.

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous post! I grew up with a Aust silky - she loved the hump the fluffy mat in our 1970's bathroom. 19 years later, old and decrepit she was still humping mats! We loved her and were devastated when Judy went to heaven. Silkies - they rule the roost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many stories of silkies living a really loooong time and keeping a "puppy" state of mind the entire time. So we have many, many years to "enjoy" his antics yet … fingers crossed :0)
      xx

      Delete
  2. hahahahaha what a great little dog...just glad he is yours though. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure? I could send him over to your place for a holiday if you like ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. What a cute story and beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla … it's hard to stay mad when he does something naughty … he has a certain way of looking at you … that makes us melt every time ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Baby Buster! oh how cute! I think I would have wrapped him up like a baby (but that's because I am an idiot, I did this to the kitten, she is now spoiled rotten) he is a gorgeous dog, and his tricks were excellent, the Buster fashion range is particularly adorable! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have seen his Santa outfit at Christmas … maybe another post ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Buster must be related to my Oscar!! So alike except for looking different and Oscar performs NO tricks. He never comes to his name, he prefers to be called Biscuit or yummies when I call him!! Nice legs you have Angel!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha … thanks! Buster comes when he's called … when he wants to … his hearing is very, very selective … almost as bad as Hubby ;0)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Ah yes that male genetic malfunction of the ears I know it only too well. You and I should join forces and rebel!!!

      Delete
  6. He is sooooooo cute. Dead worm rolling. My little Pancake loves that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do they all the love the really smelly things? It's a very strange phenomenon.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Buster is a STAR! He should be signed up to a dog acting agency immediately, I see a future in adverts, then TV, then the silver screen.
    Baby Buster is possible the cutest thing I have EVER seen. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buster already thinks he's a star … he'd be unbearable if he actually was ;0)
      xx

      Delete