I put the emphasis on "a few".
We are not talking about a slave labour situation here.
- They are expected to maintain their own personnel hygiene.
- They are expected to complete their own homework.
- They are expected to keep their bedrooms in a neat and tidy state.
- Master 16 is required to empty the dishwasher.
- Master 13 is required to take out the rubbish and restock the drink fridge.
- They are both required to clean THEIR bathroom. Alternate weeks seems to be the best method.
I like to believe that I am preparing them for the real world.
I like to believe that someday they … or at least their future wife/partner/housemate/whatever … will thank me.
In theory it's fantastic … in practise … not so much.
You see my boys seem to be missing the initiative/motivation gene.
To get them to complete these simple tasks usually takes a gentle … not so gentle … downright threatening approach from me.
Sometimes they turn to me with "the N word" lingering on the tip of their tongue … "Mum … you're such a N_G".
Good sense usually prevails and it is sucked back in … in the nick of time. They know I will not tolerate "the N word" … yep … calling me by "the N word" would be a big mistake.
And let's face it … dear friends of Blogland … there are absolutely no similarities between me and a horse.
Now are there??
This week's Shiny T Tuesday prompt is "Mistaken Identity".