Wednesday 19 June 2013

Choices ... great , big life determining choices....

Master 15 ... as his alias suggests ... is 15 years old.

Believe me ... I don't know how that happened ... because I swear it was only a couple of years ago that I took this picture.


And it might have been about 6 months ago that I took this one.


But apparently time fell into a black hole somewhere and now he is 15 years old.

And this is the age ... according to someone ... that you must decide what you are going to do with the rest of your life.

Master 15 is currently being bombarded with careers information, Subject Selection Evenings and University Open Days.


By the end of next week he has to have decided which 6 subjects he will take for the next two years ... the final two years ... of High School.  These subjects will decide what ... if any ... courses he will be eligible to take at University.  Which will in turn determine what his future career may or may not be.

Nothing like making a few simple, life changing, future altering decisions at 15.

So far he has decided on Advanced English, Advanced Mathematics,  Chemistry and Biology.  He wants to do medicine.  He'd like to use it somehow with either sport or forensics.  He clearly hasn't decided to take the easy path ... like his mother.

I remember being faced with these choices at a similar age ... I didn't have a clue what I wanted to "do" with my life then ... and I still don't!

What do you want to be when you grow up?


No comments:

Post a Comment