Wednesday 11 February 2015

Let's get pumped … round two ...

Hubby's away with work … and as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west … that means something will go wrong.  It always does.

It could be as simple as running out of milk at 9:45pm.  Or there being a spider on the wall next to the toilet.  Or something, somewhere doing something that it shouldn't be doing  … like rattling or smelling or leaking etc.

Now let me digress just a little … in order for you to appreciate the full extent of my grievance.

Back on the 3rd of February, 2014 I wrote this blog post.

To sum it up, the stupid pump on the stupid water tank had stupidly stopped pumping and the putrid poo was rising in the stupid toilet.  I was given no conceivable choice but to pay Mr Pumpy Fixitman $800 to get my plumbing pumping.

At that time I made the bold pronouncement … because clearly I am somewhat psychic … that come the 4th of February, 2015 I would be forced to shell out more exorbitant amounts of money on the stupid pump  … because that would be the day the warranty ran out.

Well I managed 7 days of grace … but last night … on the 10th of February, 2015 … no doubt brought on by the absence of Hubby … I discovered this:



I sent a text to Hubby in the vain hope that he would tell me it was something I could ignore.


So call them I did.

"Oh yeah … that sounds like the connector joint … $440 … I'll be there this arvo."



And that's all I have to say about that!!

9 comments:

  1. That's it! Hubby can no longer leave town. No arguments, it simply just cannot happen. Looks like you get to go out of town from now on. YES!! How about a little trip over to NZ for a SuesDay or two???? Promise you will have fun, won't cost you a fortune either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell, that sounds expensive for a little connector joint. Maybe you could google how to do it yourself? (for next Feb! ) There's bound to be a You tube tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind your psychic powers, you need to do a plumbing course, Jo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God I hear ya! why?? why do things like this this happen when they are away? It's like a hubby/sods law mutant, I'm gutted for you, $400 just sucks, after this trauma I think it's important to do something fabulous for yourself (that's always my excuse and I'm sticking to it) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!!!!!!!! Darn problems that cost big dollars....I feel your pain. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. There must be a cheaper way? I bet there's a tutorial on YouTube. xxx

    ReplyDelete

  7. Feel for you. Like you say, sounds like a good idea in theory.
    We had tanks and a pump in PNG which my aircraft engineer Dad was regularly fixing.
    All I have to say...in capital letters...TRAIN YOUR SONS UP TO BE PLUMBERS!
    Obviously they rake in the cash!!! xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete