Wednesday 24 September 2014

Cheer, cheer the red and the white ...

It's September … and in this house of football tragics that means the excitement of football finals.

Despite having been banned from attending any games earlier in the season … due to the uncanny coincidence that had the Sydney Swans losing every time I was there … I donned my lucky red shoes last Friday and headed off to the game.


Did I ever mention that once I stopped going to the games the Swans won 12 straight??  Just a coincidence I'm sure!?!?

But last Friday it was the Preliminary Final … and the winner would be straight into the Grand Final … so I took the chance that the power of my lucky red shoes was greater than the power of my jinxy hex and off I went.

And they won … easily.

So now ... the little issue of the Grand Final … which is held in Melbourne … which is a long way from home on the New South Wales Central Coast.  And let's not forget that Hubby has only just returned from three weeks overseas … where he went through a lot of money … and Grand Final tickets are EXPENSIVE.

But as I suspected all these "minor" issues are quickly forgotten by Hubby when his team is in the GRAND FINAL.

Tickets were sought … and obtained … the credit card is heaving under the weight … and we have a weekend road trip to endure enjoy!


Winners will be grinners … but it's going to be a loooooong trip home if we lose!!

16 comments:

  1. So glad you have broken your hoodoo, phew to lucky red shoes, and converse to boot!! So this means you have been welcomed back into the supporters role. hope you have a great time and your beloved team wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those same shoes but never realized they were lucky. Thanks for the info! Gonna wear them more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due to the fact that we lost on the weekend I can no longer endorse their luckiness ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck to the Swans for Saturday - make sure you wear the lucky red shoes again, Jo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did … but they let their side of the bargain down ;0(
      xx

      Delete
  4. Good luck to the Swans, keep those shoes on! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Wow! excellent news! Go Swans! now don't forget to pack the lucky shoes - it's going to be soooo exciting! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas it ended up just being soooo disappointing ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  6. I love your red shoes and I am sure they bring great good luck to the Swans! I hope they win and your trip and ride home is enjoyable!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow have a great time...most of us here are hawking it tomorrow.......may the best team win. xxxx

    Hmmm Central Coast...I didnt know that about you....we are visiting friends there in a couple of weeks.Love that part of the country. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great little place … we've been here for 10 years now :0)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Not looking good my friend - shame I hate the Hawks!

    ReplyDelete